学生 & 员工的电子邮件
Important: 学生 电子邮件 has Moved!
Effective May 22, 2023, student email hosting at Genesee Community College switched from Google mail to Microsoft Outlook mail.
学生 email addresses have been changed to @杰纳西.edu, and the entire my.杰纳西.edu domain will be retired after September 29, 2023.
Why We’re Doing This
GCC staff and faculty already use Microsoft Outlook for email. Moving students to Outlook will improve collaboration between students, faculty, and staff. 另外, students will now have access to Microsoft Teams, 形式, OneNote, OneDrive, and other useful tools for communicating and sharing with their peers and GCC faculty/staff.
As a result, student email addresses will no longer be of the form @my.杰纳西.edu. Instead, students will have an email address of the form NETID@杰纳西.edu, which matches their login credentials. This will greatly reduce confusion for students when logging in to various platforms.
What You Need To Know:
- 学生s will be assigned new Outlook mailboxes on May 22, 2023. Their new email address will be
@杰纳西.edu. 学生s will log in to http://outlook.com to access their new mailbox. On May 22, students should begin using this new mailbox immediately, as this will become the default mailbox that GCC staff and faculty will use for communications.
- Important: personal Gmail accounts (any email address ending in @gmail.com) will NOT BE AFFECTED!
- 学生s will still have access to their old GCC sponsored Gmail box until October 1, 2023, after which their Gmail box will be shut down permanently. 结果是:
- 学生s will need to manually save or forward any important emails from their GCC-sponsored Gmail box to their Outlook mailbox before October 1.
- 学生s will need to download any important documents they have saved on their GCC-sponsored Google Drive before October 1. 学生s may choose to upload these documents to their new Microsoft OneDrive.
- 学生s will need to update external accounts tied to their GCC email to use their new @杰纳西.edu email address before October 1. This might include services such as NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.
- New messages sent to the old mailbox will be forwarded automatically to the new mailbox.